Sunday, March 20, 2011

Le Feline.

numero 109.
december/january 2009.
myf shepherd.
photographer: marthias vriens mc-grath.
stylist: samual francois.
hair: leonardo manetti.
make-up: lloyd simmonds.

i know this is kind of old, but i've been so caught up in my feelings today that i had to make a post about what's going on inside of my head. you guys know that i'm a huge fan of rad photography to help convey emotions...so that's why i chose this particular editorial. she's gorgeous, a little out there, fierce, but looks hella pissed off. i am not really a feminist. at times i wish that i could force myself  to develop that sort of mindset but i just can't seem to wrap my head around the whole thing. however, i am still a fan of women, our struggles, and creating equality. i feel as though men whine and complain about not being able to find that perfect girl...then when one that is so amazing, beautiful, talented, smart, challenging, and a breath of fresh air comes along, they always seem to mess up and blame all of their actions on that girl who did nothing to them at all...girls still have their fair share of hang ups as well, but i don't think that it's fair to always accuse the woman of being in the wrong for everything. this past academic year has been an interesting one for me...i've gone through a lot and little things that happen to me or that are brought to my attention that aren't positive seem to haunt me. it's not a fun experience....but, i've been becoming A LOT stronger than i once was....i decided that i'm going to live my life for me. i love the people i'm surrounded by but if they can't support me or respect me in the decisions i make and the things that i do, they can go ahead and bounce.
sorry for this slight rant guys.
happy spring-time.